NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A SAILING CATAMARAN
SCROLL DOWN FOR A VIDEO TOUR OF WINDCHEETAH
You are invited to swim with the biggest fish in the sea, the Whale Shark! Join us for a once in a lifetime experience on the beautiful World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef, just off Exmouth,
On Ningaloo Discovery’s Whale Shark Swim Tour you can snorkel with whale sharks, interact with manta rays, encounter dugongs, turtles, humpback whales, dolphins, amazing colorful tropical fish and coral on the Ningaloo Reef just off Exmouth. Swimming with a whale shark is an unforgettable experience and doing so off a luxuriously appointed, stable sailing catamaran is the most comfortable, eco friendly and memorable way of taking the plunge!
Our air-conditioned bus will collect you straight from your doorstep where you’ll be greeted by our fantastic crew members and welcomed on your journey of a lifetime! Listen in or chill out during the drive down the coast as we’ll be telling you all about what your about to experience and sharing some fabulous facts about the local area.
Get ready to board our super stable, fast and comfortable 60ft sailing catamaran WINDCHEETAH, recently introduced by Chris Hemsworth in the 2016 International Tourism Australia campaign CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO (Windcheetah features from 40 seconds onwards). We can’t wait to share a day out on Ningaloo Reef swimming with the biggest fish in the ocean with you onboard our magnificent catamaran. She has recently undergone an extensive refit to deck her out with all the equipment necessary to make her the perfect platform for an amazing day on the water. Being a large catamaran she is extremely stable and so a very good choice for those slightly prone to motion sickness, with several different areas for viewing wildlife, entering the water and generally just hanging out WINDCHEETAH is guaranteed to be one of the highlights of your day (not to take away from the star of the show….The whale whark!) Meet the rest of your crew for the day and set off in comfort. We’ll take exceptional care of you, fit you for your fins, masks and wetsuits and ensure everybody is 100% at ease, feeling confident and excited!
Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before your Whale Shark swim. Our guides will be right there with you in the water to steer you in the right direction, and to pay special attention to any modest swimmers. Feel free to grab one of our floating noodles should you feel like the extra bit of flotation.
Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for Whale Sharks. Our crew will organise you into small intimate groups and as soon as a whale shark is spotted, swimming guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and get ready for one of the greatest moments of your life! You are about to swim with the biggest fish in the world, the whale shark!
Your group and your guide drop in and get up close and personal to the worlds biggest fish, this is your chance to experience wonder and marvel at the sheer size, grace and elegance of the whale shark! Most of these sharks are between 4 and 12 metres long but have been know to grow as large as 18 metres!
This may not be your only whale shark swim, the pilot has been busy searching for another gentle giant to swim with, and on their call get ready to do it all again… and again!
After we have spent as much time as possible with the whale sharks you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife. Manta rays, dolphins, humpback whales, turtles, dugongs and anything else that may be around.
Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our stand up paddle boards or a glass bottom kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef. If you don’t have the energy for more activities recline in our famous cargo net for a refreshing tow through the crystal clear waters of the lagoon as we sail back.
To celebrate a truely magnificent day, kick back and enjoy with a glass of sparkling and a seasonal fruit platter while we set the sails and listen to the sounds of the water aginst the hull as we make our way back to the mainland before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accommodation. You’ll walk away wondering how you didn’t do it all sooner!
The experience lives on as we will provide you with access to all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!
Still want to join our tour but don’t want to swim with a whale shark? Ask us about joining as an observer! You can take part in all of the activities – including swimming with manta rays should we spot them. The only difference is that you will be observing the whale shark swimming activities from the vessel, and not physically in the water with them (perfect for those that want a bit of adventure, but are not quite ready to take the plunge with the biggest fish in the sea just yet!).
- TRIP INCLUDES
- Whale Shark Swim on a Sailing Catamaran will take you on the Windcheetah Sailing Catamaran that Chris Hemsworth introduced to the world on Tourism Australia’s 2016 Campaign. Watch it here! – you will see our catamaran from 41 seconds onwards.
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm approximately
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a whale shark the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with whale sharks
- Maximum of 10 swimmers in each group
- In water experiences with a whale shark
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Opportunity to assist with hoisting the sails or relaxing on the bow nets, daybeds or bean bags
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Boom net for towing along behind the vessel through the shallows of the lagoon (weather and time permitting)
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Whale Shark Swimmer Certificate which also allows you discounts on further tours!
- All government fees and charges included in the price!
- Complimentary professional photography package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
- Please note: 1.5% transaction fee applies to credit card payments
- Comprehensive No sighting policy **
The Coral Coast of Western Australia is home to an abundance of unique wildlife full of national parks and reefs ready to be explored. Ningaloo Discovery operates boat cruises and sailing cruises around the Ningaloo Reef as well as specialising in whale shark snorkel and interaction tours. All equipment is provided on board for the whale shark tour including snorkeling equipment, floatation aids and tour guides who are very knowledgeable and passionate about whale sharks and the marine environment. The clear waters and visibility of the North West make for perfect conditions to swim with a whale shark as the whale sharks cruise just below the surface, allowing snorkelers to swim alongside these magnificent creatures.
Whale sharks are found in the waters of the Ningaloo Reef from March until the end of July. This makes Exmouth a popular tourist destination and a definite box to tick when planning your holiday, and considering things to do. Western Australia attracts international tourists every year drawn to the sandy white beaches and rolling coastlines backing onto a colorful diverse coral reef home to an abundance of marine life and of course, the whale sharks which are found in large numbers on the Ningaloo Reef so it’s no wonder it’s the only place in Australia where people can participate in a whale shark tour and have the chance to swim and snorkel with a whale shark. Ningaloo Discovery is the perfect platform for your next whale shark adventure!
Did you know?
License charges included in your whale shark tour go towards funding the Department of Parks and Wildlife’s various research programs of whale sharks in the Ningaloo Reef and world wide, in an effort to protect, conserve, and constantly discover more about this beautiful animal. Every ticket you book to swim with a Whale Shark contributes towards research into this mysterious species.
TOURS STARTING FROM$379
- Coach transport from Exmouth and return*
- A day spent onboard a super stable 55ft sailing catamaran - either lounging on the day beds or trampolines up front or in the lounged and shaded saloon and cockpit areas
- Opportunities to assist with hoisting the sails
- Spotter plane - This plane is shared with a maximum of 2 other companies (usually only 1).
- Healthy and yummy buffet lunch (catering to dietary requirements)
- Snorkeling equipment (prescription masks on request)
- Wetsuits (steamer/full length)
- Professional photos from your day (both in-water and above the water) supplied at no charge by our professional onboard photographer.
- Glass bottom kayaks
- Stand up paddle boards
- Our famous cargo net for a refreshing tow through the shallow blues of the Ningaloo Lagoon as we sail back home after a day on the back of the reef and much more!
NINGALOO DISCOVERY TOURS
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A POWERBOAT
Snorkel with a whale shark from our luxurious and spacious 56ft powerboat, Investigator. Complete with an open top deck viewing platform, an excellent vantage point for wildlife spotting.
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A SAILING CATAMARAN
Snorkel with a whale shark from our beautiful 60ft sailing catamaran, Windcheetah. Experience 360 degree views of Ningaloo Reef and its marine life in style.
HUMPBACK WHALE SWIMS
Between August and November you can experience one of the most amazing opportunities possible in the water – swimming alongside one of the largest mammals in the ocean!
OVERNIGHT CATAMARAN STAY
Think it can’t possibly get any better than a day spent swimming with hundreds of tropical fish in the warm, clear waters of the Ningaloo Reef, interacting with whale sharks, humpback whales, or manta rays? How about topping it off by staying the night on the reef?!