CANCELLATION AND OPERATIONAL POLICY
Cancellations must be made in writing (post or email) and received by Ningaloo Discovery before the time constraints detailed in our cancellations and conditions policy. To avoid any miscommunication, requests for cancellations or amendments over the phone will not be accepted.
At least a 50% deposit of the total booking fee is required to secure your booking. Remaining balance must be paid at least 7 days prior to your departure date. Ningaloo Discovery reserves the right to release any seats that remain unpaid within 7 days of the tour date.
Date transfers (rescheduling) are permitted up to 7 days prior to the departure date; any changes made 7 days – 48 hours prior will incur a $25.00 re-booking fee.
No rescheduling is permitted within 48 hours of the departure date.
Cancellations made 7 days – 72 hours prior to the departure date will result in the loss of 25% of the total booking fee.
Cancellations made 48 – 72 hours prior to the departure date will result in the loss of 50% of the total booking fee.
Cancellations made within 48 hours prior to the departure date will not be refunded.
Ningaloo Discovery recommends taking out comprehensive travel insurance to cover any situation where the guest may have to cancel or is unable to make a tour.
Ningaloo Discovery accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal belongings of any passenger whilst on board any vessel supplied by Ningaloo Discovery. Guests must accept total responsibility for their own belongings.
WHALE SHARK NO SIGHTING POLICY
Ningaloo Discovery prides itself on delivering quality once in a lifetime experiences. While we will do everything within our power to get you in the water with Ningaloo Reef’s marine life, we are relying on wild animals in their natural environment, therefore we cannot guarantee sightings.
For peace of mind we have the following policies in place.
Should your tour be unsuccessful in achieving a swim with the marine life for which you have booked, you will be given the choice to either accept Ningaloo Discovery’s relevant no sighting policy OR participate in swimming with an alternative marine animal should the opportunity arise.
Guests who on the day, for whatever reason (change of mind, sea sickness etc), decide not to enter the water are not eligible for a repeat tour.
Whale Sharks and Humpback Whales at Ningaloo are completely wild and are not trained, encouraged or coerced in any way to interact with guests or crew.
They can at times be unpredictable and the location and/or duration of time taken to locate them cannot be guaranteed or predicted. On the rare occasion that we do have a no sighting of a whale shark we have the following No Sighting Policy available to guests who have paid as snorkelers (not observers) * not applicable to our shoulder season Whaleshark and Eco tours.
One of the following options may be chosen by passengers who have paid as snorkelers. Observers are not entitled to the No Sighting Policy.
- A free repeat tour on the next available day
- A free, non transferable, repeat voucher valid for 2 years from the date of the No Sighting (re-booking not valid during school holiday periods, and if booked the following season a top up fee will be required if the tour price has risen)
- A $100 refund per person (not available with agent bookings)
Refunds paid will be refunded in the same manner that the tour was paid ( ie direct deposit or credit card). Guests who make bookings through agents who opt for this option will have to wait until the tour has been paid in full by the agent before the partial refund can be processed.
A No Sighting is determined by the company or its representatives.
Guests who enter the water and claim they did not see the shark, while other guests in the group did, will not be entitled to the No Sighting Policy.
In the case of a second no-sighting, i.e. guests who had a no-sighting on their first trip and elected to take another free tour rather than a refund, will not be eligible for any further refunds or tours.
HUMPBACK WHALE NO SWIM POLICY
While Ningaloo Discovery will do anything and everything in their power to provide you with an in water experience, we cannot guarantee the whales will be viable for an in-water experienceon the day. If you don’t get to see a Humpback Whale from the water while snorkelling we will provide you with a 50% off voucher* that can be used on another Humpback Whale Swim Tour valid for the remainder of the current season.
*This voucher is non transferrable between individual persons or companies.
Gift Vouchers are non-refundable but can be transferred to a different name. They do not expire, however if redeeming after 12 months since the date of purchase, then you will be required to cover any difference in the tour price in the event the tour has increased in price since the date of voucher purchase.
Refunds due to customer cancellations will incur a $25.00 processing fee. Any associated credit card fees and booking fees are non-refundable.
Missed tours cannot be refunded or rescheduled ( please check your booking confirmation dates carefully). If we are picking you up from the airport and your flight is delayed longer than half an hour we cannot delay our tour and will need to leave the airport (pick up fees and tour costs are non refundable in this circumstance, for this reason we recommend travel insurance).
Promotional discounts apply to full priced adult fares and are not valid during Australian school holiday periods. If valid discounts are presented after the time of booking the discount will not be applied.
ON THE DAY
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a swimming adult on all Ningaloo Discovery tours.
Your safety is our top concern on the day so we have in-water guides, life jackets and noodles to provide extra support to those who need it. Please note a basic level of swimming is required for whale shark tours and a reasonable level of swimming ability for Humpback swims. Guides are there to help, but we cannot be liable for people who cannot swim. On tour, as a duty of care, we have the right to refuse entry into the water. On these occasions unfortunately we cannot provide a refund. * please contact us if you would like to discuss further.
Activities and itineraries are at the discretion of the skipper on the day (decisions will be made with guests best interests in mind. Safety and guest enjoyment will always be our priority).
Cruise departures are subject to weather conditions. Tour departures are subject to minimum numbers.
*Please note that we reserve the right to transfer guests between our tour vessels. This will be rare however if circumstances mean that conducting the tour on one vessel will be more safe and enjoyable than the other then we will take the necessary steps to ensure our guests experience is as safe and as enjoyable as possible. If minimum numbers are not met on one tour you will be offered a free upgrade to the tour of higher value. If you are transferred onto our powerboat due to slightly inclement weather we will refund any difference in price. We guarantee that we will always do our very best to ensure you the most amazing day out on the reef as possible.
Guests may consume alcohol on the day within reason, but are not permitted to enter the water after the consumption of alcohol.
Fees applicable to all dedicated in season Whale Shark and Humpback Whale Swim tours:
- All government fees and charges included in the price.
- 2% transaction fee applies to credit /debit card payments.
Fees applicable to Shoulder Season Whale Shark Eco tours:
- If the option to swim with a Whale Shark and/or Humpback Whale arises on the day, the government “Humpback Whale/Whale Shark Swim Fee” is just an extra $50 cash per person, not per animal!
- 2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments.
If COVID-19 related restrictions are preventing travel to Exmouth, a full refund (minus $25 admin fee, as well as any associated credit card fees and booking fees) will be issued as long as Ningaloo Discovery are notified in writing within 24 hours of the government announcement.
In accordance with Ningaloo Discovery’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our customers and visitors, our employees and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or influenza, that may be reduced by vaccinations.
All eligible customers (16 years plus), employees and visitors are required to be or have received all vaccinations by 24/02/22, unless a reasonable exemption is otherwise approved by any relevant authority or the company. Where a person is not in compliance with this policy, the person will not be allowed to come on tour. In such circumstances: for customers, the company’s refund and or credit policy will apply, see our terms and conditions on the website.
- for employees, they will be placed on unpaid leave until their employment status is determined.
When you book you are asked to read our terms and conditions, and acknowledge on behalf of the entire booking, you understand this prior to payment.
DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE
Please take the time to carefully read this notice.
- Involvement and participation in certain activities conducted by or in association with Ningaloo Discovery including snorkelling/swimming can carry significant risk of damage to property, personal injury or death.
- Please note that you and your group (if not travelling alone) must exercise your own skill and judgment in regard to the risks that may be posed by undertaking such activities and to ensure that you are capable, fit and healthy enough to undertake any activity conducted by or in association with Ningaloo Discovery – and that Ningaloo Discovery and staff of Ningaloo Discovery are not responsible for exercising such skill and judgment on your behalf.
- All visitors to Ningaloo Discovery acknowledge the following:
- We acknowledge that our participation in any activities conducted by or in association with Ningaloo Discovery are aware of the above and participate at our own risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and by reading and acknowledging the detail of this document I/we release Ningaloo Discovery and staff of Ningaloo Discovery from all liability arising from my/our participation in any activity conducted by, or in association with, Ningaloo Discovery.
- I/we acknowledge that if I/we have any questions or concerns relating to swimming/snorkelling, or any pre-existing medical conditions/allergies that I/we must speak to a staff member of Ningaloo Discovery at the commencement of the tour.
- I/we acknowledge that photographic images and/or video footage of myself and others onboard can and may be used for promotional purposes by Ningaloo Discovery through online platforms such as social media and website listings.I acknowledge that if I/we have any questions or concerns relating to our image/s being used in this manner that I/we must speak to a staff member of Ningaloo Discovery at the commencement of the tour.
- The company will not accept a booking for any eligible person that is not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or does not commit to such requirement. Where a person makes a booking and is then unable to meet the requirement, the customer will not be allowed to come on tour.
In ticking the box that you have read through our terms and conditions, you have the responsibility to convey these to all guests that you are booking onto a tour.