Whale sharks are frequent visitors to the Ningaloo Reef, even after the official whale shark season is over. This means that on board our Eco Tours which run from August to October guests will also have the opportunity to swim with the whale sharks during the shoulder season, when sighted by our spotter plane.
The Ningaloo Reef is alive with marine wildlife during the month of August and on any given day Mother Nature may present the opportunity to view or swim with Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Humpback Whales, Turtles, dugongs, dolphins and a huge variety of tropical fish and corals.
Your day includes the opportunity to snorkel the reef, view Humpback Whales, spot turtles, dolphins and dugongs. If the opportunity presents itself to swim with a Humpback Whale or Whale Shark the option is there to upgrade onboard on the day for an additional “Humpback Whale/Whale Shark Swim Fee” of $50 cash per person. We also often encounter the curious and interactive Manta Rays and do our best to get you in for a swim with these inquisitive and majestic creatures at no extra charge.
Please note at this time of year we do not provide guarantees of any specific marine megafauna, however we do always do our very best to find our guests a whaleshark or a humpback whale to interact with. We often encounter Manta Rays also and you can rest assured we will do our absolute best with what mother nature provides for us on the day – with a very high success rate!
Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up paddle Boards or a kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
Our amazing itinerary for the day:
– Starting from 7:45am, you will be picked up from your accommodation and taken out to the Windcheetah sailing catamaran where you will be greeted by our friendly crew and fitted with masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits.
– Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before swimming with any marine life.
– Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for any marine life in the area, anything the pilot finds, we will get you up close with the boat to observe. If a Humpback Whale or Whale Shark is spotted the pilot, skipper and crew will asses the conditions and if deemed suitable, guests wishing to purchase an upgrade will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and we will do our best to get you interacting with them in the water! All guests will be invited to swim with a Manta Ray if we find one at no charge.
– Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife that may be around on the day.
– Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up Paddle Boards or a Glass Bottom Kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
– Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation.
– The experience lives on as we will provide you will all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!!!
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with marine life the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with marine life such as Humpback Whales, Whale Sharks and Manta Rays!
- Small groups when swimming with marine life to ensure everyone gets a great experience
- Opportunity to swim with Whale Shark and/or Humpback Whale on the day if we locate them. The government “Humpback Whale/Whale Shark Swim Fee” is just an extra $50 cash per person, not per animal!
- No charge to swim with Manta Rays if we encounter them!
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Opportunity to assist with hoisting the sails or relaxing on the bow nets, daybeds or bean bags
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Boom net for towing along behind the vessel through the shallows of the lagoon (weather and time permitting)
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
- Please note: 2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments
What should I bring?
We provide so much that all we recommend you bring is the following:
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it