Humpback Whale Swim on a Powerboat – August, September and October.
Ningaloo Discovery is excited to announce that we’ve been selected by the Department of Parks and Wildlife to operate in the first ever in water Humpback Whale Swim Tours conducted from the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Marine Park, from Exmouth. This is the first time this exciting opportunity will be trialled in Western Australia with only a handful of other locations around the world commercially licenced to offer this amazing experience. The Ningaloo Marine Park is recognised as one of the major migratory routes for these magnificent creatures on their annual journey from Antarctica to the Kimberley region with an estimated 30,000 passing by and resting in the sheltered waters in 2016.
Ningaloo Discovery offers guests a Humpback Whale experience on-board a very stable, spacious 60ft luxury powerboat, which provides a 360-degree viewing platform and the opportunity to lounge and relax on the comfortable day bed, flybridge couches and various seating spots while soaking up and enjoying the beauty of the Ningaloo Marine Park and all the amazing wildlife we may encounter. With the use of our very own spotter plane, our pilot will direct us to pods of whales and any other marine life spotted from above.
Swimming with a Humpback Whale in their natural environment is an extraordinary life changing experience, one not to be taken for granted, and as such is conducted with the utmost respect to the whales. Each day presents a unique experience, and some whales are more interactive than others. Humpback Whales are often inquisitive creatures and it is quite possible they will seek interaction with humans and swim close to us. Ningaloo Discovery will do absolutely everything possible to have guests swimming in the water with a Humpback Whale!
The crew of Ningaloo Discovery are very experience in reading the whales behaviour and interaction viability. Your small group of 7 and your guide will slide into the water and aim to swim with a majestic Humpback Whale, this is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Guests who book on as “Observers” are welcome to participate in all itinerary activities except for entering the water with a Humpback Whale.
You will experience warm friendly staff, fun activities, delicious food and memories to last a lifetime from the minute we pick you up to the moment we say goodbye. Our priority is making your day the best we possibly can!
Please note, to participate in swimming with the humpback whales, you need to be a strong and confident swimmer in the open ocean. If our skipper determines on the day that you do not have the level of swimming ability to participate they may ask you to stay out of the water for your safety – please note we cannot offer a refund in this event.
OUR AMAZING ITINERARY FOR THE DAY:
- Starting from 7:20am, you will be picked up from your accommodation and taken out to Investigator, our luxury powerboat, where you will be greeted by our friendly crew and fitted with masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits.
- We then set off for the Ningaloo Marine Park, whilst heading out we take some time to provide interpretive information on Humpback Whale behaviours and the Ningaloo in general. We then find the best spot on the day to enter the water for our first snorkel. Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before your whale swim.
- Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for Humpback Whales. Once located we will get nice and close with the boat to observe these gentle giants as they cruise the water. The pilot, skipper and crew will asses the whales behaviour and then whale swimming guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and we will do our best to get you interacting with them in the water! Observers will watch the action from the comfort of Investigator. If these whales are not viable to swim with, our pilot will do their best to find us more!
- After we have spent as much time as possible with the Humpback Whales you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the coast in search of any other wildlife. This could be Manta Rays, Dolphins, Whale Sharks, Turtles and anything else that we may be lucky enough to encounter.
- Weather and time permitting our skipper will find another snorkel spot for a second snorkel after which we have a leisurely run back to our mooring whist taking in the scenery and watching for more Whale antics enroute.
- Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation.
- The experience lives on as we will provide you with access to all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!!!
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 3pm
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the vessel and return.
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with Humpback Whales
- Maximum of 7 swimmers in each group
- Our best efforts to facilitate an in water experience with the Humpback Whales and close up views for Observers
- Snorkelling in the Ningaloo Marine Park
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- All government fees and charges included in the price (2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments)
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
We provide so much that all we recommend you bring is the following:
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it