NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A POWERBOAT
SWIM WITH WHALE SHARKS
You are invited to join us for a once in a lifetime experience on the beautiful World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef, just off Exmouth.
On Ningaloo Discovery’s Whale Shark Tours you can snorkel and swim with whale sharks, interact with manta rays, encounter dugongs, turtles, humpback whales, dolphins, colourful tropical fish, and amazing corals on the Ningaloo Reef, just off Exmouth. Swimming with a whale shark is an unforgettable experience! Our 60ft spacious and custom fitted powerboat Investigator stands above the rest with an open top deck viewing platform, simply the best vantage point for viewing wildlife between mind blowing in-water experiences.
The Coral Coast of Western Australia is home to an abundance of unique wildlife full of national parks and reefs ready to be explored. Ningaloo Discovery operates boat cruises and sailing cruises around the Ningaloo Reef as well as specialising in whale shark snorkel and interaction tours. All equipment is provided on board for the whale shark tour including snorkelling equipment, wetsuits, floatation aids, and knowledgeable tour guides who are passionate about whale sharks and the marine environment. The clear waters of the North West make for perfect conditions to swim with a whale shark, as these whale sharks cruise just below the surface, allowing snorkellers to swim alongside these magnificent creatures.
Whale sharks are found in the waters of the Ningaloo Reef from March until as late as November! This makes Exmouth a popular tourist destination and a definite box to tick when planning your holiday, and considering things to do. Western Australia attracts international tourists every year, drawn to the sandy white beaches and rolling coastlines that back onto a diverse coral reef ecosystem home to an abundance of colourful marine life and of course, the whale sharks. Whale sharks are found in large numbers on the Ningaloo Reef, so it’s no surprise it’s the only place in Australia where people can participate in a whale shark tour, and have the chance to swim and snorkel with a whale shark. Ningaloo Discovery is the perfect platform for your next whale shark adventure!
Did you know?
License charges included in your whale shark tour go towards funding the Department of Parks and Wildlife’s various research programs of whale sharks not just within the Ningaloo Reef, but also world wide. This contributes to efforts made to conserve, protect, and discover more about this beautiful animal. Every ticket you book to swim with a whale shark contributes towards ongoing research on this mysterious species.
Our private air-conditioned bus will collect you straight from your doorstep, where you’ll be greeted by our fantastic crew members and welcomed on your journey of a lifetime! Listen in or chill out as we head around the coast, as our guides will begin telling you all about the experience ahead of you, while also sharing our local knowledge on the area throughout the drive.
Get ready to board our custom fitted, modern, and super comfortable 60ft whale shark powerboat, INVESTIGATOR. She is a fresh addition to the Ningaloo fleet this year, INVESTIGATOR should be easily spotted by her custom whale shark wrap on the bow! Meet the rest of your crew for the day and set off in comfort. We’ll take exceptional care of you! Fit you for your fins, masks, and wetsuits, before ensuring everybody is 100% at ease, feeling confident and excited!
Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before your Whale Shark swim. Our guides will be right there with you in the water to steer you in the right direction, and to pay special attention to any modest swimmers. Feel free to grab one of our floating noodles should you feel like the extra bit of flotation.
Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for Whale Sharks. Our crew will organise you into small intimate groups and as soon as a whale shark is spotted, swimming guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and get ready for one of the greatest moments of your life! You are about to swim with the biggest fish in the world, the whale shark!
Your group and your guide drop in and get up close and personal to the worlds biggest fish, this is your chance to experience wonder and marvel at the sheer size, grace and elegance of the whale shark! Most of these sharks are between 4 and 12 metres long but have been know to grow as large as 18 metres!
This may not be your only whale shark swim, the pilot has been busy searching for another gentle giant to swim with, and on their call get ready to do it all again… and again!
After we have spent as much time as possible with the whale sharks you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife. Manta rays, dolphins, humpback whales, turtles, dugongs and anything else that may be around.
Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our stand up paddle boards or a glass bottom kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation.
The experience lives on as we will provide you with access to all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!
Still want to join our tour but don’t want to swim with a whale shark? Ask us about joining as an observer! You can take part in all of the activities – including swimming with manta rays should we spot them. The only difference is that you will be observing the whale shark swimming activities from the vessel, and not physically in the water with them (perfect for those that want a bit of adventure, but are not quite ready to take the plunge with the biggest fish in the sea just yet!).
- Whale Shark Swim on our spacious 60ft purpose built charter vessel INVESTIGATOR.
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm approximately
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a Whale Shark the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with whale sharks
- Maximum of 10 swimmers in each group
- In-water experiences with a whale shark
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, and fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Whale Shark Swimmer Certificate which also allows you discounts on further tours!
- All government fees and charges included in the price!
- Complimentary professional photography package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
- Please note: 2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments
- Comprehensive No sighting policy ***
TOURS STARTING FROM$300
- Coach transport from Exmouth and return*
- A day spent onboard a spacious 60ft powerboat - enjoy the open top deck wildlife viewing platform and comfortable shaded back deck areas
- Spotter plane – This plane is shared with a maximum of 2 other companies (usually only 1).
- Healthy and yummy buffet lunch (catering to dietary requirements)
- Snorkeling equipment (prescription masks on request)
- Wetsuits (steamer/full length)
- Professional photos from the day (both in-water and above the water) supplied at no charge by our professional onboard photographer.
- Glass bottom kayaks
- Stand up paddle boards
- Celebratory glass of champagne and more!
NINGALOO DISCOVERY TOURS
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A POWERBOAT
Snorkel with a whale shark from our luxurious and spacious powerboat, Investigator. Complete with an open top deck viewing platform, an excellent vantage point for wildlife spotting.
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK ON A SAILING CATAMRAN
Snorkel with a whale shark from our beautiful sailing catamaran, Windcheetah. Experience 360 degree views of Ningaloo Reef and its marine life in style.
HUMPBACK WHALE SWIMS
Between August and November you can experience one of the most amazing opportunities possible in the water – swimming alongside one of the largest mammals in the ocean!
OVERNIGHT CATAMARAN STAY
Think it can’t possibly get any better than a day spent swimming with hundreds of tropical fish in the warm, clear waters of the Ningaloo Reef, interacting with whale sharks, humpback whales, or manta rays? How about topping it off by staying the night on the reef?!