NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIMS
SWIM WITH WHALE SHARKS
You are invited to join us for a once in a lifetime experience on the beautiful World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef, just off Exmouth.
On Ningaloo Discovery’s Whale Shark Tours you can snorkel and swim with whale sharks, interact with manta rays, encounter dugongs, turtles, humpback whales, dolphins, amazing colorful tropical fish and coral on the Ningaloo Reef just off Exmouth. Swimming with a whale shark is an unforgettable experience!
The Coral Coast of Western Australia is home to an abundance of unique wildlife full of national parks and reefs ready to be explored. Ningaloo Discovery operates boat cruises and sailing cruises around the Ningaloo Reef as well as specialising in whale shark snorkel and interaction tours. All equipment is provided on board for the whale shark tour including snorkeling equipment, wetsuits, floatation aids and tour guides who are very knowledgeable and passionate about whale sharks and the marine environment. The clear waters and visibility of the North West make for perfect conditions to swim with a whale shark as the whale sharks cruise just below the surface, allowing snorkelers to swim alongside these magnificent creatures.
Whale sharks are found in the waters of the Ningaloo Reef from March until the end of July. This makes Exmouth a popular tourist destination and a definite box to tick when planning your holiday, and considering things to do. Western Australia attracts international tourists every year drawn to the sandy white beaches and rolling coastlines backing onto a colorful diverse coral reef home to an abundance of marine life and of course, the whale sharks which are found in large numbers on the Ningaloo Reef so it’s no wonder it’s the only place in Australia where people can participate in a whale shark tour and have the chance to swim and snorkel with a whale shark. Ningaloo Discovery is the perfect platform for your next whale shark adventure!
Did you know?
License charges included in your whale shark tour go towards funding the Department of Parks and Wildlife’s various research programs of whale sharks in the Ningaloo Reef and world wide, in an effort to protect, conserve, and constantly discover more about this beautiful animal. Every ticket you book to swim with a Whale Shark contributes towards research into this mysterious species.
Our air-conditioned bus will collect you straight from your doorstep where you’ll be greeted by our fantastic crew members and welcomed on your journey of a lifetime! Listen in or chill out during the drive down the coast as we’ll be telling you all about what your about to experience and sharing some fabulous facts about the local area.
Get ready to board our purpose built, modern, stable and super comfortable 60ft mono hulled Whale Shark Vessel, Highland Spirit. Meet the rest of your crew for the day and set off in comfort. We’ll take exceptional care of you, fit you for your fins, masks and wetsuits and ensure everybody is 100% at ease, feeling confident and excited!
Warm up by dropping into one of the most beautiful reefs in the world at our first snorkel site and discover an abundance of coral, tropical fish, turtles and potentially even manta rays or dugongs. Our guides will be right there with you in the water to steer you in the right direction, and to pay special attention to any modest swimmers. Feel free to grab one of our floating noodles should you feel like the extra bit of flotation.
While your busy exploring the reef, the spotter plane has already departed and is searching for our first Whale Shark cruising nearby.
Seen something that your curious about? Ask our guides! All of our crew-members have a passion for the ocean (it’s their life!) and are your knowledge bank for all things aquatic – many even have marine science backgrounds.
When a Whale Shark has been spotted, it’s all systems go! The skipper heads the boat towards the Whale Shark’s location. There’s a buzz in the air, the excitement and anticipation mount amongst crew and passengers alike. You will then be split into two groups and prepare for your jump into the crystal clear waters of the Ningaloo…
You and your guide drop in and get up close and personal to the worlds biggest fish, this is your chance to experience wonder and marvel at the sheer size, grace and elegance of the biggest fish in the world. Most of these sharks are between 4 and 12 metres long but have been know to grow as large as 18 metres!
Our professional on board photographer is all the while capturing every moment in the water, and above the water from the very best angle for you to take home at no extra cost.
It’s likely that this won’t be your only shark, the pilot has been busy searching for another gentle giant to swim with, and on his call get ready to do it all again… And again!
It’s hungry work, don’t we know it! We’ve already got lunch on the way as we head back in to look for Manta Rays, Dugongs and even Humpback Whales (when in season). You’ll get yet another chance to pack more into your trip, go snorkeling or make use of our Kayaks and Paddle Boards to surrender those last bits of energy you’ve got stored away to this wondrous aquatic playground.
To celebrate, kick back and enjoy with a glass of sparkling and a seasonal fruit platter while we meander our way back to the mainland. Wrap things up with a comfortable cruise right back to the front of your accommodation. You’ll walk away wondering how you didn’t do it all sooner!
Still want to join our tour but don’t want to swim with a Whale Shark? Join us as an observer! You can take part in all of the activities – including swimming with Manta Rays should we spot them – The only difference is you will be observing the Whale Sharks Swimming activities from the vessel and not physically in the water with them ( perfect for those that want a bit of adventure but are not quite ready to take the plunge with the biggest fish in the sea just yet!)
- Whale Shark Swim on our fully shaded purpose built 60ft Highland Spirit charter vessel.
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm approximately
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a Whale Shark the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with Whale Sharks
- Maximum of 10 swimmers in each group
- In water experiences with a Whale Shark
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Complimentary gift pack per group booking
- Whale Shark Swimmer Certificate which also allows you discounts on further tours!
- All government fees and charges included in the price and NO credit card fees! (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
- Comprehensive No sighting policy ***
TOURS STARTING FROM$249
- Coach transport from Exmouth and return*
- Spotter plane – This plane is shared with a maximum of 2 other companies (usually only 1).
- Healthy and yummy buffet lunch (catering to dietary requirements)
- Snorkeling equipment (prescription masks on request)
- Wetsuits (steamer/full length)
- Professional photos from your day ( both in the water and above the water) supplied at no charge by our professional onboard photographer.
- Glass Bottom Kayaks
- Stand up paddle boards
- Celebratory glass of champagne and more!
NINGALOO DISCOVERY TOURS
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM ON A POWERBOAT
Snorkel with a Whale Shark from our spacious 60ft purpose built mono hulled powerboat, Highland Spirit.
NINGALOO WHALE SHARK ON A SAILING CATAMRAN
Snorkel with a Whale Shark from our beautiful sailing catamaran, Windcheetah and experience 360 degree views of Ningaloo Reef and its marine life.
HUMPBACK WHALE SWIMS
One of the most amazing opportunities possible in the water – The experience of swimming alongside one of the largest animals in the ocean!
OVERNIGHT CATAMARAN STAY
Think it can’t possibly get any better than a day spent swimming with Whale Sharks, Humpback Whales or Manta Rays and hundreds of tropical fish in the warm clear waters of the Ningaloo Reef? How about topping it off by staying the night on the reef?!